Seriously you only have to say the word pancakes and I will stop everything I am doing and give you my full-on attention!
I have made every type and variation of pancakes!
I love them as a Saturday brunch but truth be known I created, made and ate this mid-week and I am all the better for it :) I had some overripe banana's and an urge for pancakes, so what's a girl to do?
I wanted to make these gluten-free (I used GF oats) and so, added some yogurt to the mix to make these fluffy.
I had mine topped with fresh figs, pecans and a drizzle of mayple syrup but the possibilities are endless.
Give these a go and let me know what you think.
Fluffy Banana Pancakes
Serves 2 (makes 4-5 pancakes)
Time 10-15 minutes
Coconut oil for the pan
1/2 cup oats
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup (scant) milk (I used coconut milk)
1/3 cup greek or coconut yogurt (it needs to be the thick kind)
1 teaspoon baking power
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extra
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
2. Leave the batter to stand for a minute or two (if it gets too thick add a little milk)
3. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat
4. Use a 1/3 cup to measure and then pour the batter into the pan
5. Cook until lightly browned (3-4 minutes) and then flip and cook the other side.
5. Repeat until all of the batter is used
6. Serving suggestions: top with any of the following or a combination of: fruit, nuts, seeds, jam, more yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.
* I haven't tried making these vegan but as I only used one egg, you could try replacing the egg with a chia egg - one tablespoon of chia seeds placed into a quarter cup of water and left to sit for 10 minutes to thicken.